While shelling pecans today, the kids and I played The Character Game. Here’s how it works: you choose a character from a movie, play, book, or poem, write the name on some masking tape, and stick the tape on the forehead of another player without that player seeing it. Once everyone is taped, you begin asking questions to determine your character’s identity. This is a good game to play while sitting around a table with a group, doing something repetitive with your hands.
The characters this time around were
- Baby-Belle Tuckertown from Gone-Away Lake
- Mirage from The Incredibles
- Chloe from Beverly Hills Chihuahua
- The Which from The Phantom Tollbooth
- Brenda the dachshund from The Magic City
- Junior Asparagus
- Orlando from As You Like It
- The Old Cobb from Trumpet of the Swan
- Francis Osbaldistone from Rob Roy
- Shelob from The Lord of the Rings
- Elle Woods from Legally Blonde
Questions included, Am I evil? Am I very beautiful? Am I human? Do I have superpowers? Am I some sort of bug?